Work Causing Burnout, Can't Find a New Job

Hi everyone,

I am currently at a retail job that is incredibly stressful and burning me out (for example, they expect me to do a lot of upselling and they know I struggle with it) - I have been looking for a new job since January, but have only managed to get one interview. Said interview was this week, and despite it feeling like it went well, I was rejected.

The job listing claimed no experience was needed, but ultimately they went with someone with more experience. If this is always the way, surely I am never going to get out of retail as it is all I have experience with?

I really don't know how much more of this I can take but I can't just quit my job because I can't live with no income, so I'm having to sacrifice my mental health instead.

I have no idea what to do, it feels like I'm trapped. There are almost no jobs in my area that are suitable, when I do apply I rarely hear back, and I can't go back into education as I can't afford it and then I would still have no income.

I desperately want to leave this job but then I would have no money, what do I do???

Parents
  • Have you tried Scope? They are a charity that help autistic people find the right work for them. Might be worth a try.

Im sorry your going through this, I have suffered from work burnout so many times, including right now so I really understand how you feel

I think its about finding a job that suits your particular autism if that makes sense. What would you want to do if qualifications and experience wernt an issue? What sort of things do  you enjoy

It does tend to seem like a vicious circle sometimes, you cant get a job without experience but you cant get experience without a job. I know how it feels. Hang in there, keep applying for different things and eventually something will come up. 

Maybe look at employment agencies as well. they sometimes take people with less experience 

• Have you tried Scope? They are a charity that help autistic people find the right work for them. Might be worth a try.

Im sorry your going through this, I have suffered from work burnout so many times, including right now so I really understand how you feel

I think its about finding a job that suits your particular autism if that makes sense. What would you want to do if qualifications and experience wernt an issue? What sort of things do  you enjoy

It does tend to seem like a vicious circle sometimes, you cant get a job without experience but you cant get experience without a job. I know how it feels. Hang in there, keep applying for different things and eventually something will come up. 

Maybe look at employment agencies as well. they sometimes take people with less experience 

Children
No Data