Work Causing Burnout, Can't Find a New Job

Hi everyone,

I am currently at a retail job that is incredibly stressful and burning me out (for example, they expect me to do a lot of upselling and they know I struggle with it) - I have been looking for a new job since January, but have only managed to get one interview. Said interview was this week, and despite it feeling like it went well, I was rejected.

The job listing claimed no experience was needed, but ultimately they went with someone with more experience. If this is always the way, surely I am never going to get out of retail as it is all I have experience with?

I really don't know how much more of this I can take but I can't just quit my job because I can't live with no income, so I'm having to sacrifice my mental health instead.

I have no idea what to do, it feels like I'm trapped. There are almost no jobs in my area that are suitable, when I do apply I rarely hear back, and I can't go back into education as I can't afford it and then I would still have no income.

I desperately want to leave this job but then I would have no money, what do I do???

Parents Reply Children
No Data