Why would the UK have the highest rates for autism?

It has the highest rates of all, apparently. The country I live in is 123 down the list. 

wisevoter.com/.../ 

North Korea as an example is among the lowest, but then there could be all sorts of unedifying reasons for that.... 

Parents
  • Perhaps the uk has more of a 'problem' with autism, because we are much less expressive as a culture than others?
    Perhaps more autistic people in say, italy, get by because their more expressive nature makes reading people easier?
    if we score autism out of 10 with 1 being mild and 10 being really autistic, maybe a majority of 1-5 level autistics can get by in an expressive country, but the uk, only 1-3 level autistics can get by to the extent that they are not diagnosed.

Im not saying that is the case, but i have an italian colleague who i find slightly easier to read.

• I was told by foreign colleagues and students that I was particularly easy to understand. I was always aware when talking to non-native speakers, to enunciate clearly and avoid slang and idiom.

If your thesis is correct, autistic people must have a particularly bad time in Japan, with the Japanese reputation for extreme reserve, precisely nuanced etiquette and insistence on collective conformism

• I was told by foreign colleagues and students that I was particularly easy to understand. I was always aware when talking to non-native speakers, to enunciate clearly and avoid slang and idiom.

If your thesis is correct, autistic people must have a particularly bad time in Japan, with the Japanese reputation for extreme reserve, precisely nuanced etiquette and insistence on collective conformism

Children