Bad Diet

I don't know how to improve my diet. I only eat and drink sweet sugary things. The healthy stuff always tastes and smells wrong. I know the problem, but I don't know how to get around it.

Whenever I try new stuff my stomach hurts. It hurts anyway, usually aching or sharp pains even without food. I get a lot of burping and it always feels firm and tight. Going to the toilet is ok, hurts sometimes but I'm always getting yellow mucus. I practically live on antacids to ease this. And my stomach feels hungry a lot despite that I'm eating sweets throughout the day.

I'm guessing my poor diet is behind this? 

I keep fit. Do a lot of workouts and sport but my food and drink is all the wrong stuff. I just don't like anything else, I've always been like this with my diet.

I've thought of calling doctor's but it's not worth the emotional and mental strain. I can do phonecalls no problem but actually going to be checked out and have tests is now impossible. My anxiety explodes like a great big bomb and I'm destroyed, it can take months to recover from one appointment, if not longer.

I don't think there's acting seriously wrong. The yellow mucus isn't nice but there's no blood, no vomiting, just discomfort and burping. Sometimes nausea but not a lot.

If anyone else has this problem then any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks team. Thumbsup

Parents
  • Hello Matt,

I too am a keen sportsman and this does tend to lead to a sugar craving. I do eat healthy as possible but as you state, it is hard when you are unable to eat certain foods. I did suffer with stomach pain but I did some research and started to take live bacteria supplements and I have had no more pain for over a month now. I eat a lot of apricots and sultanas instead of sweets so maybe this would be an option? I avoid sugary drinks like coke and only use a energy powder when on long bike rides.

• Hello Matt,

I too am a keen sportsman and this does tend to lead to a sugar craving. I do eat healthy as possible but as you state, it is hard when you are unable to eat certain foods. I did suffer with stomach pain but I did some research and started to take live bacteria supplements and I have had no more pain for over a month now. I eat a lot of apricots and sultanas instead of sweets so maybe this would be an option? I avoid sugary drinks like coke and only use a energy powder when on long bike rides.

Children
No Data