Autistic adults and food

Hi, 

I was wondering if any other autistic adults with a selective diet have any advice for trying to introduce new foods?

I am now 26 and worry that my restricted diet will affect my health, it also causes issues with my relationships and work. 

Has anyone had any succces with types of therapy/the doctors or is it a case of perseverance? 

Thanks! 

Parents
  • I’m not very good with trying new foods, I tend to eat a certain meal on the same day every week. Cheddar Cheese seems to be my go to food. I struggle with veg, there are just too many textures. What we have been doing is cooking a casserole and then I blitz it into a soup. I’m  at least getting some vitamins then and no lumps to contend with.

• I’m not very good with trying new foods, I tend to eat a certain meal on the same day every week. Cheddar Cheese seems to be my go to food. I struggle with veg, there are just too many textures. What we have been doing is cooking a casserole and then I blitz it into a soup. I’m  at least getting some vitamins then and no lumps to contend with.

Children
No Data