Pop quiz! Do you like going out shopping?

I'm just writing to a well known food chain, advising them of some shortcomings I am experiencing with their home delivery process.

Post Pandemic, I've realised just how much I utterly hated going "shopping" and I realised we are really invested now in home delivery!

(So much, that I'm actually attempting to get the process to work a bit better) 

I wondered if it's just me, or is this a more universal Autism thing?

For those of you who don't like to post or vote, this is a very simple question, and you can possibly excercise a bit of power if you have a strong feeling about shopping.

We constitute about 1/50th of the population if I have my facts correct, (I may not when it comes to that number) so IF we turn out to be "all of one mind" it's worth "niche influencers" like myself (I KNOW companies, and even lawmakers, can be influenced by a well written complaint, as I've been doing it for years! I claim credit for killing a Kellogs ad campaign in the nineties with a particularly vitriolic communication to the right department and the part of U.K. drone law that lets your kids (and me!) fly a toy in your own back garden... 

Complaining is like planting seeds, and waiting to see which ones sprout. For those who are lacking in funds and powerless it's a very cheap hobby, too.

You just have to do it creatively, and not "whine"...

So how do YOU feel about a trip to the shops?

Parents
  • I mostly dislike food shopping because it's usually too busy, people come too close and when they have run out of something it messes up my carefully planned meals for the week. I hate shopping for makeup if they stop selling something I use. Have you seen how much choice there is? It totally stresses me out. 

Online shopping makes sense but I like to be in control of which use by dates I choose on items and I like to try clothes on. If I bought online, it's another trip out anyway to the post office to return things.

I enjoy charity shops, antique and vintage shops and music & book shops, in particular any thing second hand. I don't really like gift shops they just seem to sell tat that you don't need. Same with places like b&m and dunelm. I buy things I need but I hate the departments where they sell stuff you don't need like plastic flowers. It makes me really sad so much stuff is produced at the cost of the environment and the throwaway society that we have. This is one of the problems I have when shopping that it's on my mind so much. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ALL THE CHRISTMAS STUFF Smiling impSmiling impSmiling imp

• Oh yes, the waste and the throw away mentality! Such a huge trigger for me too. I do prefer second hand or make my own.

Reply Children
No Data