Pop quiz! Do you like going out shopping?

I'm just writing to a well known food chain, advising them of some shortcomings I am experiencing with their home delivery process.

Post Pandemic, I've realised just how much I utterly hated going "shopping" and I realised we are really invested now in home delivery!

(So much, that I'm actually attempting to get the process to work a bit better) 

I wondered if it's just me, or is this a more universal Autism thing?

For those of you who don't like to post or vote, this is a very simple question, and you can possibly excercise a bit of power if you have a strong feeling about shopping.

We constitute about 1/50th of the population if I have my facts correct, (I may not when it comes to that number) so IF we turn out to be "all of one mind" it's worth "niche influencers" like myself (I KNOW companies, and even lawmakers, can be influenced by a well written complaint, as I've been doing it for years! I claim credit for killing a Kellogs ad campaign in the nineties with a particularly vitriolic communication to the right department and the part of U.K. drone law that lets your kids (and me!) fly a toy in your own back garden... 

Complaining is like planting seeds, and waiting to see which ones sprout. For those who are lacking in funds and powerless it's a very cheap hobby, too.

You just have to do it creatively, and not "whine"...

So how do YOU feel about a trip to the shops?

Parents
  • Nope.

I absolutely hate shopping.

Shops are my worst nightmare. They are busy... loud... chaotic... Every time I go shopping I wish I was equipped with a police riot shield, especially around Christmas time. For some reason people seem to lose their heads when shopping, they become aggressive, pushing and shoving, arguing about the last butter on the shelf. LOL. If – big if – I go into a shop now I go when it’s quietest and keep my head down, always wear my noise cancelling headphones and pray that no one tries to talk to me. I haven’t been shopping in ages, 1 because I have anxiety, 2 because I have cancer and 3 because of the reasons above lol. Another problem with shops is that they play music ridiculously loud and then you get people talking over the store microphone and it’s so crackly and can never understand what they just said but it goes right through my head. Everything’s disorganised, shelves aren’t stacked neatly and nothing is ever in the right place. And I just read what Dawn said, and she’s right, they are forever moving things around and suddenly it’s like being in the middle of a shop I’ve never been in before.

Massive Autistic overload shops. I avoid them like the plague.

• Nope.

I absolutely hate shopping.

Shops are my worst nightmare. They are busy... loud... chaotic... Every time I go shopping I wish I was equipped with a police riot shield, especially around Christmas time. For some reason people seem to lose their heads when shopping, they become aggressive, pushing and shoving, arguing about the last butter on the shelf. LOL. If – big if – I go into a shop now I go when it’s quietest and keep my head down, always wear my noise cancelling headphones and pray that no one tries to talk to me. I haven’t been shopping in ages, 1 because I have anxiety, 2 because I have cancer and 3 because of the reasons above lol. Another problem with shops is that they play music ridiculously loud and then you get people talking over the store microphone and it’s so crackly and can never understand what they just said but it goes right through my head. Everything’s disorganised, shelves aren’t stacked neatly and nothing is ever in the right place. And I just read what Dawn said, and she’s right, they are forever moving things around and suddenly it’s like being in the middle of a shop I’ve never been in before.

Massive Autistic overload shops. I avoid them like the plague.

Children