Pop quiz! Do you like going out shopping?

I'm just writing to a well known food chain, advising them of some shortcomings I am experiencing with their home delivery process.

Post Pandemic, I've realised just how much I utterly hated going "shopping" and I realised we are really invested now in home delivery!

(So much, that I'm actually attempting to get the process to work a bit better) 

I wondered if it's just me, or is this a more universal Autism thing?

For those of you who don't like to post or vote, this is a very simple question, and you can possibly excercise a bit of power if you have a strong feeling about shopping.

We constitute about 1/50th of the population if I have my facts correct, (I may not when it comes to that number) so IF we turn out to be "all of one mind" it's worth "niche influencers" like myself (I KNOW companies, and even lawmakers, can be influenced by a well written complaint, as I've been doing it for years! I claim credit for killing a Kellogs ad campaign in the nineties with a particularly vitriolic communication to the right department and the part of U.K. drone law that lets your kids (and me!) fly a toy in your own back garden... 

Complaining is like planting seeds, and waiting to see which ones sprout. For those who are lacking in funds and powerless it's a very cheap hobby, too.

You just have to do it creatively, and not "whine"...

So how do YOU feel about a trip to the shops?

Parents
  • Personally I always found it overwhelming and exhausting. I was quite resistant to trying ordering online as husband liked going to the shop (why?! I do not understand him) but we started this year as omicron was so catching and I have found I much prefer it. As I can do it while physically comfortable it is much easier to compare products and make choices (as long as the relevant info is there, which it is not always!)

If covid is ever actually over for us I would probably want to keep ordering online, but with the stress reduced by him being able to pick up anything missing or getting a few bits so we maybe only had to do it once a fortnight. But he would probably want to go back to him going. I think one reason I prefer the online is that I was a bit out of the choice loop when he went as I could not see all the options.

We do click and collect rather than home delivery.

• Personally I always found it overwhelming and exhausting. I was quite resistant to trying ordering online as husband liked going to the shop (why?! I do not understand him) but we started this year as omicron was so catching and I have found I much prefer it. As I can do it while physically comfortable it is much easier to compare products and make choices (as long as the relevant info is there, which it is not always!)

If covid is ever actually over for us I would probably want to keep ordering online, but with the stress reduced by him being able to pick up anything missing or getting a few bits so we maybe only had to do it once a fortnight. But he would probably want to go back to him going. I think one reason I prefer the online is that I was a bit out of the choice loop when he went as I could not see all the options.

We do click and collect rather than home delivery.

Children
No Data