Scared about the heat

Is anyone else worried about Monday and Tuesday? There's a weather warning in place here. It could get to 36-degrees here on Monday! I know it'll be hotter elsewhere but this is still a lot of heat to endure. I'm so scared. I don't want to be ill. Do you think it's likely I'll be ill in this heat? I'm going to try and keep hydrated and stay in, hopefully I'll be ok, but it's still scary. Don't want to end up ill and in hospital.

Parents
  • I live in a south-facing flat with floor to ceiling windows and an electric pump delivering water (i.e. if there's a power outage I have no water). Yes I'm worried.

• Is there a way you can cover your windows whilst the sun is on them? Also, can you fill up some things with water so that you will have enough to keep you going if there is a power outage?

• I've taped tin foil onto the windows but I did that last year and it was still much warmer inside than outside. I will fill the bath and every container in the house. My plan is probably to sit in a cool bath and read during the hottest part of the afternoon.

• I've taped tin foil onto the windows but I did that last year and it was still much warmer inside than outside. I will fill the bath and every container in the house. My plan is probably to sit in a cool bath and read during the hottest part of the afternoon.

Children