Scared about the heat

Is anyone else worried about Monday and Tuesday? There's a weather warning in place here. It could get to 36-degrees here on Monday! I know it'll be hotter elsewhere but this is still a lot of heat to endure. I'm so scared. I don't want to be ill. Do you think it's likely I'll be ill in this heat? I'm going to try and keep hydrated and stay in, hopefully I'll be ok, but it's still scary. Don't want to end up ill and in hospital.

Parents
  • Is this typical Britain!?  Everyone goes abroad on holiday "for the weather" but as soon as we get it here everyone's complaining! 

• I know what you mean but I presumed that the people who go on holiday for the hot weather are enjoying this heatwave and the people who are complaining are people who wouldn't go on holiday somewhere warm? I most certainly would not go abroad "for the weather" unless it was to escape to somewhere isolated with a nice cold grey fog! I suppose also, some people might go abroad to a beach resort and stay somewhere with air conditioning and a swimming pool etc where they walk around in swimming costumes and drink lots of iced drinks... but here they might be in the middle of a polluted city and stuck in top floor flats or offices in buildings that were not designed for the warm weather? 

• I know what you mean but I presumed that the people who go on holiday for the hot weather are enjoying this heatwave and the people who are complaining are people who wouldn't go on holiday somewhere warm? I most certainly would not go abroad "for the weather" unless it was to escape to somewhere isolated with a nice cold grey fog! I suppose also, some people might go abroad to a beach resort and stay somewhere with air conditioning and a swimming pool etc where they walk around in swimming costumes and drink lots of iced drinks... but here they might be in the middle of a polluted city and stuck in top floor flats or offices in buildings that were not designed for the warm weather? 

Children
  • Yes I totally agree with you, it's different on holiday as you don't have to go to work etc. I am actually complaining myself. I really don't like such hot weather, I much prefer cool. Stick me up on a drizzly moor in the wind any day of the week!