Scared about the heat

Is anyone else worried about Monday and Tuesday? There's a weather warning in place here. It could get to 36-degrees here on Monday! I know it'll be hotter elsewhere but this is still a lot of heat to endure. I'm so scared. I don't want to be ill. Do you think it's likely I'll be ill in this heat? I'm going to try and keep hydrated and stay in, hopefully I'll be ok, but it's still scary. Don't want to end up ill and in hospital.

Parents
  • I don’t like the heat really, but what is worse, is that I am also allergic to the sun. My shifts at work at always Monday, Tuesday and Saturday so I’ve got to go out. I don’t know how I’ll cope. It’s not as if I can wear normal warm weather clothing, as I need to keep covered from UVA and UVB.

The air conditioning isn’t great at work, and the uniform isn’t cool and airy. I’m trying not to think about it. I remember it being 31 degrees and that was bad enough.

The best thing we can do is stay in if possible, especially in the middle of the day. Keep windows closed and blinds shut until late in the day. Stay hydrated and if you go out, ensure you use sunscreen and wear a hat.

• I don’t like the heat really, but what is worse, is that I am also allergic to the sun. My shifts at work at always Monday, Tuesday and Saturday so I’ve got to go out. I don’t know how I’ll cope. It’s not as if I can wear normal warm weather clothing, as I need to keep covered from UVA and UVB.

The air conditioning isn’t great at work, and the uniform isn’t cool and airy. I’m trying not to think about it. I remember it being 31 degrees and that was bad enough.

The best thing we can do is stay in if possible, especially in the middle of the day. Keep windows closed and blinds shut until late in the day. Stay hydrated and if you go out, ensure you use sunscreen and wear a hat.

Children
No Data