Scared about the heat

Is anyone else worried about Monday and Tuesday? There's a weather warning in place here. It could get to 36-degrees here on Monday! I know it'll be hotter elsewhere but this is still a lot of heat to endure. I'm so scared. I don't want to be ill. Do you think it's likely I'll be ill in this heat? I'm going to try and keep hydrated and stay in, hopefully I'll be ok, but it's still scary. Don't want to end up ill and in hospital.

Parents
  • It is a bit scary how extreme some of the wording is in the warnings, do you live in an area that’s under red alert? The best thing you can do if you can is stay indoors and keep well hydrated. Keep curtains shut and also shut the windows if it’s hotter outdoors than in. When they say about even healthy people being at risk it is likely aimed at those working outdoors or stuck in traffic jams etc with inadequate hydration/cooling. Also I think the risk of drowning in open water is included as lots of people will go swimming in dangerous places to cool down. 

• It is a bit scary how extreme some of the wording is in the warnings, do you live in an area that’s under red alert? The best thing you can do if you can is stay indoors and keep well hydrated. Keep curtains shut and also shut the windows if it’s hotter outdoors than in. When they say about even healthy people being at risk it is likely aimed at those working outdoors or stuck in traffic jams etc with inadequate hydration/cooling. Also I think the risk of drowning in open water is included as lots of people will go swimming in dangerous places to cool down. 

Children
No Data