Scared about the heat

Is anyone else worried about Monday and Tuesday? There's a weather warning in place here. It could get to 36-degrees here on Monday! I know it'll be hotter elsewhere but this is still a lot of heat to endure. I'm so scared. I don't want to be ill. Do you think it's likely I'll be ill in this heat? I'm going to try and keep hydrated and stay in, hopefully I'll be ok, but it's still scary. Don't want to end up ill and in hospital.

Parents
  • It is hard to think about, especially as we have not experienced it before. The recommendation is to let as much cold air in now as possible and be prepared with plenty of water to drink and keep skin cool.

I am trying to focus on the fact it will be cooler on Wednesday and looking forward to that. This is something I have recently started doing when I have something difficult to face. It has helped me cope with worrying things. Hope this might be helpful.

• Thanks! Yes this was helpful and I hope you're ok and coping well with it all.

I'm going to drink water as much as possible and I'll probably stay in my room in front of the fan and watch movies all day to keep me busy and hopefully make the day fly by. I know it's hot again Tuesday but it'll be cooler than Monday.

I hope you're ok. It's a good idea to focus on Wednesday when it's much cooler, I'm going to try and do that as well.

• Thanks for the reminder about the fan, working from home so that could be handy too.

Reply Children
No Data