Sleep problems

I seem to be struggling to sleep at all at the moment I’m not falling asleep until gone 2am even though I got to bed about 10. Then I’m waking up at 5am for work or 6am if I’m not at work. Im exhausted all the time but I’m not napping either and I don’t know what to do. I can’t seem to shut my brain off or get comfortable. I have a drs appointment soon mid august for my mental health so I’m going to ask if there’s anything she can suggest but I just don’t know what to do. It’s been happening for 3 weeks now I always have a headache too. 

Parents
  • I can’t seem to shut my brain off or get comfortable

This is your key. ^^

Shutting the brain off is an Autistic issue. 

Getting comfortable can be a biology need. What sort of exercise are you able to take daily? Do you stretch before bed? Do you stay hydrated (add the necessary amount of salt + sugar). Have you tried a Magnesium spray and/or magnesium salt bath. 

Night time: everything stops and suddenly everything we've ever left unresolved plus everything that needs doing plus everything I'd forgotten that day/week/year just all floods into my head all at once. If I'm working on something, I'm in a hyper-drive, the 'generator' powering my brain is on a slow intense climb turning over faster and faster. So, I've had to take rather drastic measures over the years. If I have to finish a project and my brain starts picking up momentum, I take a Xanax. I don't use them often but this is one good reason to. It literally shuts down the hyper-focued monotropic problem solving. 

Resolution can take time. Sometimes I just need to write everything out. I've had to let go of relationships that were harmful for this reason. I make lists. I continually try to learn to organise them. I've had to make sure to continually study enjoyable things which far outweigh problems I cannot control. This gives my head something to contemplate and problem solve weekly - putting to task a thing which needs a task. But I have found sudoku helps. Puzzles. And a rock salt lamp, incredibly low-light and a diffusor (rock), which breaks up an LED enough so it's bearable cutting out all blue.

• I've had to make sure to continually study enjoyable things which far outweigh problems I cannot control

I like this (not sure why my comment is in italicis)

• I'll join! haha

Yeah- learning that I needed some heavy lifting for the brain to wear it down (like Huskies need to pull a sled) took years to realise. If I don't have something to study, I might become highly critical of the wrong things. Perhaps it's a form of escape, but it seems to work and I learn useful things in the process!

• Thats such a good idea. Like for instance I love history, maybe I could research history stuff during the day to wear my brain out. Or cricket cos I write about that

Its such a good idea. Almos like wearing the brain out so it doesnt have the energy to go haywire or obsess on the wrong things

• Thats such a good idea. Like for instance I love history, maybe I could research history stuff during the day to wear my brain out. Or cricket cos I write about that

Its such a good idea. Almos like wearing the brain out so it doesnt have the energy to go haywire or obsess on the wrong things

Children
No Data