Sleep problems

I seem to be struggling to sleep at all at the moment I’m not falling asleep until gone 2am even though I got to bed about 10. Then I’m waking up at 5am for work or 6am if I’m not at work. Im exhausted all the time but I’m not napping either and I don’t know what to do. I can’t seem to shut my brain off or get comfortable. I have a drs appointment soon mid august for my mental health so I’m going to ask if there’s anything she can suggest but I just don’t know what to do. It’s been happening for 3 weeks now I always have a headache too. 

Parents
  • It is so hard when your brain doesn't switch off and even more so if it is for more than one night. Have you tried getting up, doing something like listening to music if you are still awake after an hour? Also sometimes it helps me if I have specific things on my mind to get up and write them all down.

• It is so hard when your brain doesn't switch off and even more so if it is for more than one night. Have you tried getting up, doing something like listening to music if you are still awake after an hour? Also sometimes it helps me if I have specific things on my mind to get up and write them all down.

Children
  • I’ve tried that yeah but I get so confused because I feel tired and I want to sleep and I can drift off on the sofa but the second I get up to go to bed ‘ping’ it’s like I’m awake again but still so tired. Because I’m not sleeping well I’m then grumpy and struggle the next day. I’ve never slept well even since I was a baby but I feel like I have to push my self to the point of exhaustion to even get any sleep