Experiences of Sensory Issues during Pregnancy

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience of being pregnant, particularly if you experience sensory sensitivities with bodily sensations, please?

I am autistic and my main difficulties are sensory related (and people politics, but that seems less relevant). My husband and I are settled and financially stable (due to his job, though I do also have a job that I enjoy, just it doesn't pay that well) and are starting to discuss whether we want to stop using birth control soon. Which amounts to the question, 'Are we ready to have child?' if I do get pregnant.

We've both always wanted children and I absolutely love children and am great with them (although I know having your own all the time is very different, so I'm not expecting to be, like, a super-mum or anything), BUT I'm really worried about the pregnancy part and can't find any information about the sensory side of it. I would like to know what to expect. I have really bad interoception (perception of sensations from within the body) sometimes meaning I feel really weird pains and can't accurately describe to others what is wrong. I also hate the feeling of my stomach falling (like when going down steep hills in a car), and spinning. I very much dislike pain (I'm sure everyone does...) and feel sick watching other people's bellies move from the baby (two of my sisters recently had babies, I don't just watch people's bellies on the internet). I'm worried that my stress from the sensory issues during pregnancy, and potentially from the pain of giving birth, would put the baby in danger. Has anyone had experience of this and are their any strategies anyone has found useful in reducing stress from sensory sensitivities/overload?

Thank you so much for reading this and taking time to reply!

Mearcstapa.