always picking

Hello how can i stop my daughter picking her skin till it bleeds she as lots of little scabs on her body she can't leave them alone . Her skins starting to scar i've noticed she picks more when shes feeling anxious we went to hosptal yesterday for blood tests she picked her skin non stop. At the hospital she had four areas numbed with cream this caused a melt down because she said her arms felt wet she screamed shouted and hit me several times when it came to actully having the blood test she was so calm which was a bit strange i expected her to panic.

Parents
  • Hi again - it does sound like anxiety/ocd so it'll be difficult to deal with.  I used to know someone who picked at scabs.  If they had an elastoplast on they used to pick the elastoplast.  They tried to keep their nails very short so it wasn't so easy to pick.  They also tried to keep their skin as smooth/moisturised as possible so they weren't tempted by rough bits.  They still found it incredibly difficult not to pick.

• Hi again - it does sound like anxiety/ocd so it'll be difficult to deal with.  I used to know someone who picked at scabs.  If they had an elastoplast on they used to pick the elastoplast.  They tried to keep their nails very short so it wasn't so easy to pick.  They also tried to keep their skin as smooth/moisturised as possible so they weren't tempted by rough bits.  They still found it incredibly difficult not to pick.

Children
No Data