always picking

Hello how can i stop my daughter picking her skin till it bleeds she as lots of little scabs on her body she can't leave them alone . Her skins starting to scar i've noticed she picks more when shes feeling anxious we went to hosptal yesterday for blood tests she picked her skin non stop. At the hospital she had four areas numbed with cream this caused a melt down because she said her arms felt wet she screamed shouted and hit me several times when it came to actully having the blood test she was so calm which was a bit strange i expected her to panic.

Parents
  • Hi - yes, sounds like she does it when stressed - also some of it may be habitual.  Is there anything else she could pick at?  Maybe you've tried things like that before.  It's difficult to keep things as stress free as possible all the time - real life regularly intervenes + upsets the apple cart.  All any of us can do is try + avoid stressors as much as possible.  I'm sure you're already doing that.  My son has bitten his finger nails for years.  He will, if seriously distressed, resort to self injurous behaviour.  So I do sympathise with you.  There might be (I don't know) info via the home page.  I hope others come along soon who may be more helpful than me.

• Hi - yes, sounds like she does it when stressed - also some of it may be habitual.  Is there anything else she could pick at?  Maybe you've tried things like that before.  It's difficult to keep things as stress free as possible all the time - real life regularly intervenes + upsets the apple cart.  All any of us can do is try + avoid stressors as much as possible.  I'm sure you're already doing that.  My son has bitten his finger nails for years.  He will, if seriously distressed, resort to self injurous behaviour.  So I do sympathise with you.  There might be (I don't know) info via the home page.  I hope others come along soon who may be more helpful than me.

Children
No Data