Nausea/Light Aversion

I have had light aversion and a thumping migraine - but my GP isn't convinced - and, then, I end up vomiting.

But my online friend, who had migraines her whole life, suggested that I soak a towel in cold water and place it on my forehead; with the towel bedded into my eyelids. That did the trick on Friday night.

I had a similar incident yesterday evening, but it wasn't bad enough to leave the lights off for long. But I now have ginger sweets, from Holland and Barrett, to help relieve the nausea.

• To be honest, the sickness is worse - for me - than the headache. Travel sickness was the major issue for me.

• I suffer from daily chronic migraine and the doctors didn't listen to me for nearly 20 years despite repeated visits to the doctors, i am now 25. What i have found that since taking ADHD medication is that it has drastically improved my quality of life. I still get really bad migraines but not as bad as they where.

Before taking the ADHD medication i had tried Antidepressants and they didnt work, Tried a beta blocker and it just made my ADHD worse & epilency medication which just made me non functional wreck. But after speaking to a headache nurse i found that taking a combination of B12, Riboflavin and iron supplements did decrease the frequency of the headaches for a short while. i still get migraine but its not everyday and nowhere as painful.       

• Well migraines can be caused by a lot of reasons. Sometimes it can be from a stuffy room, or something bad you're eating or drinking (I mean it doesn't have to be spoiled for it to affect you, it could be a reaction from a preservative placed on food), or perhaps the migraine is caused by weather changes and atmospheric pressure, or from a new medication you're taking. I mean, for the GP to just dismiss your symptoms is very irresponsible of them. I know that migraines can make you dizzy so you'll get nauseous and vomit. It's not comfortable.