LEDs Legally Enforced. Exemption card available for Highly Sensitive People

As some of you have may seen from my posts, I am an advocate of health and safety when it comes to sensory issues. With restrictions and bans on more natural sources of light in the UK and EU, it is becoming increasingly difficult to not feel assaulted by harsh and blinding LEDs. However, I discovered an organisation who can help us in our own homes. 

LIGHT AWARE is able to provide an Exemption card to these new laws: https://lightaware.org/about/lightaware-card/

With this card, it appears as though we will be able to buy incandescent bulbs in a pharmacy. Halogens appear as though they'll still be available online. 

Parents with young Autistic Children, I would personally recommend to put incandescent or halogen in your children's room. Although, a possible good use for a safety LED for them would be in a Salt Lamp nightlight which properly breaks up / diffuses the light so it's much less harsh. 

I experience headaches, blurred vision, an inability to see items properly, blindness with oncoming traffic or bikes at night or the lights over a footpath. Halogen and Incandescent light is incredibly similar to natural light under a spectrometer. I believe there are several scientific reasons it is more human friendly. Light Aware has an amazing amount of articles on the matter. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data