Medications / substances?

Has anybody else found that various or perhaps specific substances appear to have helped them?

Be that either helping to reduce anxiety, or boosting self confidence, or in some other way.

In my case, I have found that a number of substances have helped me a great deal, in some way they have just seemed make being around people so much easier.

The most helpful thing I have found so far, has definitely been benzodiazepines. I first discovered these during the legal high era, and it wasn't just their effects on anxiety that made an impression in me, as I quickly found a positive reinforcement effect when I took those before any social situation. In other words, things went a lot easier and people seemed to like me more  on those occasions I did use benzos, compared to those which I didn't.. I don't think it was only due just  to the elimination of anxiety, although that was probably a very large part of it.

I have seen a thread on another forum about benzos possibly alleviating the symptoms of ASD by some mechanism of GABA on brain chemistry. Although I have not seen any scientific studies or any evidence of any correlation.

Yes I am aware of the addictive nature of benzos, just thought I'd mention that.

Parents Reply Children
No Data