HGV Training

Hi all,

I was getting pretty annoyed at the nationwide haulage shortage problem that I keep hearing on the news and thought about doing it myself as I enjoy driving alone in my car. 

I'm technically long term unemployed, however I do work for myself in little jobs here and there, mostly graphics design related jobs which doesn't pay the bills so I end up surviving on PIP. 

But I feel like because of my autism, I'm more suited to independent jobs and I do enjoy driving alone. It's just currently I don't get paid for driving! 

My main concern is the costs of training, and who to train with. I had problems with my first driving instructors when learning to drive a car because of my autism, although I didn't know I was autistic at the time. It caused me a lot of time and money to train as the instructors spoke to me in a manner that wasn't helpful at all, and made me feel more stupid for not picking things up quickly. I know I'm a comfortable and safe car driver, and can do HGV driving but it is the training that concerns me. 

Is there any companies anyone recommends? Preferably one with knowledge of autism? I'm guessing it's gonna cost me a few grand to get all the qualifications but it could cost me even more if I don't find the right people who understand our condition.

I'm interested in doing the back to back C+E training in one go but I'm openminded in just doing the Cat C if it's too much cost. 

• Depends on the job. Some yes and others no. But I do know gym freaks who go every other day (apparently going every day is bad for you, they did explain why but I was eating a cake at the time and was concentrating on not dropping crumbs. That's a waste).

myloweslife

• I'm looking into a career change and getting my Cat C license. Only company that I am talking with are offering the complete course (medical, training, tests, CPC etc) plus access to their recruitment area where they set you up with interviews etc. For £3300. Is this reasonable? Another company offered the same for around £1800 but he seemed a little pushy and I didn't get chance to get what the course included for that price. Is £3300 good? Or expensive

rapidfs.com