Assistive Technology APD

Hi Everyone, 

I've been researching the different types of assistive technology available to help with APD. Does anyone know of any hearing devices that can reduce/filter background noise and make a speaker's voice clearer/more pronounced? I work in hospitality so it is for the most part a noisy and overstimulating environment. Due to the nature of my job I would need something portable and discreet. I have come across Bose Hearphones, but they have been discontinued. I'm wondering if there is anything else on the market that is similar or better?

Parents
  • I was told for the first time that I had hearing loss when I was 10, but my family had known since I was around one month. I had seen a few otolaryngologists and they all said the same thing: I had a mid neurosensorial hearing loss in both ears. I have an aunt and some cousins who also have hearing loss so no one thought too much about it. But recently I was told by an audiologist that my hearing was perfect and that I just had auditory processing disorder and I would never be able to use hearing aids. That broke my heart, to be honest, as I've been dreaming of getting hearing aids to help with my hearing since I was 12 (I'm 18 almost 19).

• I was told for the first time that I had hearing loss when I was 10, but my family had known since I was around one month. I had seen a few otolaryngologists and they all said the same thing: I had a mid neurosensorial hearing loss in both ears. I have an aunt and some cousins who also have hearing loss so no one thought too much about it. But recently I was told by an audiologist that my hearing was perfect and that I just had auditory processing disorder and I would never be able to use hearing aids. That broke my heart, to be honest, as I've been dreaming of getting hearing aids to help with my hearing since I was 12 (I'm 18 almost 19).

Children