Medical Phobias and Access to Mental and Physical Health Care

Any one else out there struggling to deal with body or medical phobias?  Possibly provoking melt downs and making it difficult to receive treatment.

Are you able to get any help in coping?

Have you found any solutions?  What works?

Parents
  • Oh gosh yes, I absolutely hate medical settings or needles!

• Hi, I kinda picked up on your post yesterday that you might be experiencing some of the same things I am.

My relationship to medical people hasn't been good. It's taken me a long while to figure out that they might sometimes be interpreting my fear and reactions as aggression to refusal to co-operate. Now and again, I happen across one with real patience who seems to get it and they get a lot further with me.

It sounds to me that you need a GP who truely understands what's going on for you and I so hope you find one.

• Hi, I kinda picked up on your post yesterday that you might be experiencing some of the same things I am.

My relationship to medical people hasn't been good. It's taken me a long while to figure out that they might sometimes be interpreting my fear and reactions as aggression to refusal to co-operate. Now and again, I happen across one with real patience who seems to get it and they get a lot further with me.

It sounds to me that you need a GP who truely understands what's going on for you and I so hope you find one.

Children
No Data