Starting a workplace relationship?

How many ASD people would start a workplace relationship given the opportunity or would never do that? What about if the other person has also been in encounters with your coworkers would that put you off? I would never do this and never haven even when I could have at times. I am just wondering how the general ASD population feel about it. 

Parents
  • Weigh the risk vs the reward. Maybe if the person is worth it....it'd be awful not to be with that person if they ended up being someone really special. What does your gut say?

• No I'm not asking due to a situation I'm in. I have a longtime gf (whos also autistic) who I don't work with. I just wondered what other ASD think about this issue. I always felt it was a terrible issue more so if you are autistic. There are too many problems associated with it that would be uncomfortable at best for an autistic person. NT people don't seem to mind this. They don't really have meaningful relationships per se, just sexual ones, lots of sleeping around with lots of different coworkers. Its insane to me because of my autistic view point. 

• There was a job I was in years ago and there was a girl there at my workplace. She looked nice, was generally nice and I think I could have done something then but something just felt off. She was involved with alot of the other people at different points at the time and although that was none of my business there were consequences of that for me that meant I would never have anything to do with her under any circumstances. Didn't matter how nice she was. She could have been 10X more attractive, rich or whatever it wouldn't have mattered.  If you've ever seen species where the girl in that rejects that fella because she detected he had diabetes, it felt something like that. I didn't know I was autistic at the time (no diagnosis) and she was nice enough for her workmate to think I was gay because I didn't go for her but I think it was because I am autistic and there were things about her and the situation that existed that where repellent to my autistic needs at the time that I wasn't aware off. 

I always didn't understand that. Normally fellas just jump at opportunities like that. Not me. I'm definitely straight and like girls and I have a longtime gf. I'm not very easily attracted to girls without ALOT of effort so I guess that might be why her appearance didn't matter to me and her mate suspected I was gay. I was looking at it from a autistic perspective. Is this risky, unstable, involved alot of people to deal with maybe in the future, how long would this last, shes been around what could I catch, could I end up raising someone elses kid? etc all these uncertainties are just too much for me no matter what the woman is like. I'd much much prefer a plain girl with certainty, stability etc and little people to deal with than a very attractive woman with all these issues. We all get old and wrinkly eventually so how much does being attractive really mean? 

• There was a job I was in years ago and there was a girl there at my workplace. She looked nice, was generally nice and I think I could have done something then but something just felt off. She was involved with alot of the other people at different points at the time and although that was none of my business there were consequences of that for me that meant I would never have anything to do with her under any circumstances. Didn't matter how nice she was. She could have been 10X more attractive, rich or whatever it wouldn't have mattered.  If you've ever seen species where the girl in that rejects that fella because she detected he had diabetes, it felt something like that. I didn't know I was autistic at the time (no diagnosis) and she was nice enough for her workmate to think I was gay because I didn't go for her but I think it was because I am autistic and there were things about her and the situation that existed that where repellent to my autistic needs at the time that I wasn't aware off. 

I always didn't understand that. Normally fellas just jump at opportunities like that. Not me. I'm definitely straight and like girls and I have a longtime gf. I'm not very easily attracted to girls without ALOT of effort so I guess that might be why her appearance didn't matter to me and her mate suspected I was gay. I was looking at it from a autistic perspective. Is this risky, unstable, involved alot of people to deal with maybe in the future, how long would this last, shes been around what could I catch, could I end up raising someone elses kid? etc all these uncertainties are just too much for me no matter what the woman is like. I'd much much prefer a plain girl with certainty, stability etc and little people to deal with than a very attractive woman with all these issues. We all get old and wrinkly eventually so how much does being attractive really mean? 

Children
No Data