Cutting unpredictable people or people not conducive to an autistic lifestyle out

Can autistic people have a tendency to cut other people out of their lives if they negatively impact their autistic tendencies (and so appearing very hardhearted to outside observers) . Does this result from black/white thinking, over emphasis of rules and a strong need to have people in their lives who are predictable and minimise uncertainty in their own lives.

Parents
  • Personally, I only do so if I begin to dislike them. I trust my instincts when it comes to others, and I do not believe so. I do not think in black and white, nor emphasize rules, or prefer predictable people. In fact, I love analyzing others, especially those who are unpredictable, although it does tend to throw me off track when they are especially so.

• I trust my instincts when it comes to others

This is generally not a good idea if you are autistic. For me I  use some sort of well tuned machine learning in my head :) and pattern match attributes to certain hypothesis and then either confirm or deny conclusions after some time and when I have built up enough confidence int he conclusion. I look at it objectively. The way you seem to approach it just sounds like a neurotypical approach.  How people handle that is a key indicator that someone might be autistic or not. Its just too sophisticated for autistic people in general to approach that using "emotional intelligence". It is a spectrum but it doesn't extend to infinity on either end. 

• I trust my instincts when it comes to others

This is generally not a good idea if you are autistic. For me I  use some sort of well tuned machine learning in my head :) and pattern match attributes to certain hypothesis and then either confirm or deny conclusions after some time and when I have built up enough confidence int he conclusion. I look at it objectively. The way you seem to approach it just sounds like a neurotypical approach.  How people handle that is a key indicator that someone might be autistic or not. Its just too sophisticated for autistic people in general to approach that using "emotional intelligence". It is a spectrum but it doesn't extend to infinity on either end. 

Children
No Data