Housing Crisis

I think there is a huge housing crisis out there.

I am not happy with the place I am in and I would like to move to a better place. But I cannot find a way to move somewhere else. I feel that I am stuck.

I do not know what else to do. I often feel desperate.

I wonder if you are happy with your housing situations...

Parents
  • my therapist has recommended that i have a save space, no matter how tiny, in my house. you might try that, or perhaps you already have. it's a space where you feel safe, from noise, people, light, cold... etc... there's also weighted blankets. this is to make your current living space more habitable. 

and i hope you find a new place to live where you can be happier... but until then, a safe space or other things that help you can help you save energy for yourself.

• There is really no safe space. I am in a small flat.

I think there is a big difference between being in a flat and in a house.

• there's a huge difference between a flat and a house. i am in a house. you are in a flat. i get that. i think everybody gets it.

a safe space can be any size - as i say above, 'no matter how tiny.' it can be in a closet. a tent. altho i'm not an expert in safe spaces, mine is currently my bed, which has a mp3 speaker, so it can be noise safe, it's very warm, so it's temperature safe, i have a weighted blanket, so it's pressure safe. i may put it in a smaller room, because i prefer small spaces. they feel safer. 

you might research it, if interested. i'm suggesting it merely to be helpful. it might give you some comfort in your current situation, and that might give you more energy to pursue other options, or look at your current one in a new light.

you don't sound ready to move, to be frank. a safe space is probably your best option. up to you.

• there's a huge difference between a flat and a house. i am in a house. you are in a flat. i get that. i think everybody gets it.

a safe space can be any size - as i say above, 'no matter how tiny.' it can be in a closet. a tent. altho i'm not an expert in safe spaces, mine is currently my bed, which has a mp3 speaker, so it can be noise safe, it's very warm, so it's temperature safe, i have a weighted blanket, so it's pressure safe. i may put it in a smaller room, because i prefer small spaces. they feel safer. 

you might research it, if interested. i'm suggesting it merely to be helpful. it might give you some comfort in your current situation, and that might give you more energy to pursue other options, or look at your current one in a new light.

you don't sound ready to move, to be frank. a safe space is probably your best option. up to you.

Children
No Data