Is there any post-diagnosis support for autistic adults where you live?

Hi. I'm wondering about the provision of post-diagnosis support for autistic adults around the country and would be really grateful if anyone would like to let me know what is in their area (if anything!), particularly anything provided by the NHS. Many thanks Slight smile

• Hi momo have you tried Mencap?

I had referral through social services 

However my son is too young as mencap only seem to support adults.

You could ask for a referral to Adult social services and they might be able to direct you in your area.

• Hi momo have you tried Mencap?

I had referral through social services 

However my son is too young as mencap only seem to support adults.

You could ask for a referral to Adult social services and they might be able to direct you in your area.

• hi momo... sorry, i'm in the colonies, ya know, 1776. it's very hard finding good asd resources here, probably particularly for adults diagnosed late, such as me. i would assume the adult asd thing there is similarly messed up.

• Thank you raspberrypie. It's good to hear you've found useful support in a therapist but a shame there is no support provided from the NHS. Can you say which part of the country you're in as I'm doing a bit of survey - you don't have to be specific, e.g. 'South East'. Slight smile

• i guess you have to luck onto a therapist. that's what i'd suggest. mine specializes in asd, and has really helped me. without good therapists (who know asd) yeah, i was just cast adrift! which is not good, at least not for me. i joined a couple asd groups, but they did not work out.

• Hi,

My observations of post-diagnosis support for autistic adults in the North West is that it does not exist - particularly within the NHS. Diagnose and abandon.

Not just that, but the Mental Health team discharged me as I'm Autistic and that's another departments problem now - I do however hope that your area has better support