University

I do get to go home one 3/4 december but I am struggling so much with university, in particularly the people I am living with! No matter how many times I ask them to keep it down in the evening, they don’t - I am literally on the opposite side of the the kitchen wall! They even know I am going through the process to get an official diagnosis for autism and yet they still push things that cause sensory overload/meltdowns.

There’s been so many nights where I’ve been rocking on my bed and pulling my hair and hitting my head on the wall because it feels so unbearable when they’re noisy and it overloads my head.

I am also struggling with time management. I find it so easy to get distracted doing my pre-recorded lecture videos and find myself getting fidgety after sitting there for a long period of time. All I ever seem to be doing is uni work recently and I feel like it’s going to get to a burnout stage again like 2 weeks ago (it became so overwhelming for me that after my boyfriend left my room (don’t worry we are the same household!) I just burst into tears and was rocking for a solid 5-10 minutes because I just needed to be myself and let everything out - it felt good but I felt so drained from the day I had). 

1. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with emotions/meltdowns when they occur?
  2. How to stop my flatmates from being arseholes? (I have a pair of earplugs but I hate wearing them as I can feel them expanding in my ears throughout the night and I can also hear my heartbeat every now and then)
  3. How to many time better? (I have a timetable and a structure daily planner app)

Sorry if there’s any spelling mistakes etc as I am half asleep and sometimes mistype - gonna try get some rest :))

Parents
  • in order to be able to see though my thoughts  i took up meditation I do both Zen sitting and Mindfuless and walking meditations .

Emotions are just another bunch of thoughts i watch them come then go.

what you can do it is some guided meditations related to anxiety or relaxation or visualisation in Youtube.

There are also peaceful sleep ones as well which would be ideal. Search youtube for "Guided sleep meditation"

wear head phones 

pick a voice that u like 

• in order to be able to see though my thoughts  i took up meditation I do both Zen sitting and Mindfuless and walking meditations .

Emotions are just another bunch of thoughts i watch them come then go.

what you can do it is some guided meditations related to anxiety or relaxation or visualisation in Youtube.

There are also peaceful sleep ones as well which would be ideal. Search youtube for "Guided sleep meditation"

wear head phones 

pick a voice that u like 

Children
No Data