Numbers and patterns

Should have been more succinct in my post. I have a thing for looking at number plates. Does anyone else have a thing for patterns of information 

• Did you have any fascination with birds 

• This has just reminded me that I used to keep a list of car number plates that ended in AB. I'd noticed that there were a lot of them ending in LAB WAB TAB PAB so started writing them down when I saw them. No idea why, but I must have enjoyed it!Sweat smile

• The title is keep clear adventures with asperger's Tom cutler

• Check your local library 

• I will definitely have a read, it sounds quite fascinating I wonder what similarities there are between my experience and his as I found out I was autistic in my early 30's

• Tom cutler book is good for insight into someone having been on a journey with asperger's without knowing it

• I am glad I am not the only one with that trait always look for two for joy. 

I have always intended to read Marcus Aurelis Meditations. 

I had downloaded an app with the work alond with confucius thought and quotes.

I have not read Tom Cutlers book but I will now that you have mentioned it.

Awakening of intelligence by Jiddu Krishnamurti

• I see you like philosopy. Recommend any good books. Just finishing marcus aurelis mediations as it was a favourite of another member aidie

• I read a book by Tom cutler adventures with asperger's. He is very rational thinker but when he saw magpies it flummoxed him. He would wait until he saw 2 for joy. 

• Ha, 

It's funny the things people notice, it is nice to hear these wonderful details of people experiences.

I do an odd thing of counting when I see magpies there number ha.

I think because of the old rhyme

One for sorrow,
    Two for joy,
    Three for a girl,
    Four for a boy,
    Five for silver,
    Six for gold,
    Seven for a secret never to be told.

• I also seem to notice birds for some reason like tehy are an omen

• I'm not very good at maths, but I'm very good a spotting patterns. I see them in everything. Sometimes I can predict outcomes quite accurately. 

• My favour number is 5 I like things to add up to 5

• I have the number 3,7,10 that alway apply to me. 

I could be in a register and I will only be 3,7or 10

Or my order will have theses number. 

It's a constant pattern. 

• Me too. Always fascinated with number plates. Started recording them as a child and could name where virtually any car had been registered. Memory not so good now but still fascinated by special numbers. I think it is a definite Aspie thing 

• I never realised I looked at number plates til I read somewhere about it. I just thought everyone did what I do. I don't think it's odd and I'm not as hooked as others, but I always notice the number plate and then start to see the car attached to it

• I love number patterns - and number plates - I know every car my wife and I have had (over 40) plus all my dad's ones and lots of random ones that stuck in my mind for some reason - like FTY 302W - the huge truck that mangled my first car and SPP 602J, a neighbour's Ford Capri with a wide-body kit and many, many more.     

• I have an interest in cars and looking at number plates is something I have always done. I have never seen it as odd, just a higher form of intelligence than what a neurotypical person would notice. I have had some strange experiences with remembering numberplates and then seeing them again.

My strangest experience was seeing a number plate in a city around 80 miles away from my home around age 11 or 12. It was the number plate 5KRM and I remembered that there was a similar one KRM5 near my home village which I often still see. I then went back to the same city at aged 18 for an open day at the university and walked past this car in a driveway, an hour or so later on the way back I saw it drive past me again, it was like a sign and one of the strangest experiences in my life.

I had a think about this one day and thought how funny it is that I seem to remember a small detail for so long or that I can look at a number plate and tell someone what year the car was made and often lots about the car like the model name and the engine sizes etc. most people wouldn't have a clue if I talked about it

• Yes I notice patterns in lots of things especially with numbers.

• I look at number plates and train numbers or anything really. I like finding patterns in information too.