Co-morbid dyspraxia and routines

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my assessment and am trying to preempt what the result of that will be. Four psychiatrists are convinced I have autism, which does reassure me somewhat that I do have autism, and that unintentionally turning people against me is not my fault. The thing that's making me question whether I have autism is the fact I struggle with upholding a routine. I do have dyspraxia, though, and one of the symptoms of that is that I struggle with developing routines and managing my time. Does anyone know if, if you have both autism and dyspraxia, how that affects your routines? Thank you!

Edit: did not mean to post this in 'introduce yourself' - sorry

• I've been diagnosed with both, 3 months ago. I can't tell where one ends, & the other begins as they seem very similar. I used to have people to call me to help me leave the house every morning, as I couldn't get to work. Either at all, or on time. A mixture of anxiety & probably DCD & ASD thrown in. Who's to say?!

I also keep a planner, with even the smallest routine in it. But even then, I can't maintain it all the time.

• Hi flyingswallows,

Since you mentioned this was posted in the introductions forum by mistake, I have moved the thread to the Health and Wellbeing forum since that seems the most fitting. Hopefully some people here will be able to offer some insight on ASD and dyspraxia. If you want to talk to someone directly you could try the NAS helpline, which is available here -  https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/help-and-support/helpline

Best wishes,
    Ross - mod