Panic Attacks

I've always had problems with depression and anxiety, but more recently, I've started having issues with panic attacks. I've been through some things in recent years that have pushed me toward it, and I know that depression and anxiety go hand in hand with Asperger's but do panic attacks fall in there too? If anyone else here has had problems with them, I'm also interested in how you've handled them.

• Yeah, I get quite a few meltdowns myself. I actually read one of my primary school reports yesterday and some of the descriptions would suggest those too....although the teacher blamed hydrocephalus and I'm starting to think it was probably more caused by my autism. I did once see my NHS file suggesting I had "recurent anxiety" before my diagnosis so yep, I'd definitely agree they go hand in hand.

• I thought that I had panic attacks, but it was more likely hyperventilation. My mind is a rough part of town.

• Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. I had them when I was 21, when I was pushing myself to try to speak more and be more extroverted, and putting myself in a lot of highly social situations. I wasn't living the life that was right for me, and after I started having them, I started relaxing the pressure. What has helped me since my diagnosis is reducing the masking and being more honest if I need something clarified or repeated, or cannot hear. It's had a really positive impact in the long-term. Wishing you all the best