Coronavirus ‘support bubble’ concerns

Hello, 

I’m very worried about the support bubble I formed. I’m a 23 year old autistic person who only lives with my dad at home. 

I formed a support bubble with my two sisters who don’t live too far away from me. They help me with my cooking and performing other tasks I’m not too confident in doing. I struggle asking my dad to help me and so that’s why I ask my sisters. 

I feel like I’m doing something wrong as the government guidelines state that a single adult with children aged 18+ shouldn’t form a social bubble. I don’t know if that is also applicable to vulnerable adults such as myself as there is no mention of it in the government guidelines. 

This is making me really anxious as I’ve developed a routine with them (I go to their house once a week to cook my meals) and would appreciate advice. 

• Hi NA S68510

I understand your anxiety and how appreciate the lack of clear guidelines .  I struggled myself to find the information on their website. If you contact our Helpline, they should be able to offer you the up to date information around your situation, which hopefully is that you can carry on with your support in place. 

You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Best Wishes

Lorraine Mod