Can light cause anxiety?

Lights used in my workplace are fluorescent lights but they always were the warm yellow fluorescent lights. The place was a bit dim (there are no windows) but it was nice. I liked it that way. 

Few days ago few lightbulbs burned out and today they were replaced. By new ones which give strong cool white light. They are really bright, too bright. 

Most people said they’re too bright, complained a bit, joked a bit (“now I can see through you”) and then went back to work. 

I complained a bit about the new light as well, squinted a bit and then went back to work but after few minutes I’ve noticed that my heart beat is really fast and I’m hyperventilating. 

Is it the light? 

And if the light is causing my anxiety what can I do about it? They’re not going to change it back.

Parents
  • I briefly worked as a building services design engineer and part of that was designing lighting layouts. When I went to check a hospital some of the nurses said that the new lights were too bright. New lights tend to be LED and sometimes it isn't as pleasant as older types of bulbs so you are not alone but may get used to it. I wouldn't think they would cause anxiety though

• I briefly worked as a building services design engineer and part of that was designing lighting layouts. When I went to check a hospital some of the nurses said that the new lights were too bright. New lights tend to be LED and sometimes it isn't as pleasant as older types of bulbs so you are not alone but may get used to it. I wouldn't think they would cause anxiety though

Children
No Data