Advice please regarding my Aspie Mum and Coronavirus

Good Afternoon Everyone

I'm sure I'm not alone but I'm feeling quite stressed at the moment. I have a newborn baby and we live with my mum and my husband.

My husband is asthmatic so is higher risk and my baby is only 2 months but my mum who was diagnosed as autistic 2 years ago at the age of 62 keeps leaving the house for unnecessary reasons and to meet up with friends.

I understand that things are difficult for her at the moment and that all her routines have changed and sometimes she will have a bit of a meltdown over it all but she's putting the whole household at risk. 

I've tried talking to her about it a couple of times and explaining but I can't seem to help her understand that she's putting us all at risk, one time she said to me 'oh, I guess I'm just selfish but I can't help it'.

I even asked the psychologist working with my mum to call her but she just lied and said she was fine!

My husband got quite angry with her but all that's done is to make her say that she's going out all the more. 

Please could someone help me out with some advice, she's out again now and all I can think is is she going to bring the virus home this time?

Sorry for the lengthy post but thank you if you've taken the time to read it all. 

Stay safe everyone x