doctors phone calls

finding these really stressful and avoiding. Any kind of phone call is really getting to me and so hard to try and avoid a complete meltdown. Any advice or anyone out there finding the same with phone calls?

Parents
  • I find the same with phone calls. They are really stressful and with a doctor phone call there's a lot of questions and a lot to process all at once and I think that's why we struggle more with calls like this. 

Have you expressed your struggles with this? If not I encourage you to. Doctors are obliged to help you and if they can offer an email or text service as some GP surgeries do then that will be a lot easier for you to cope with. My surgery used to offer this service and I found it really helpful at the time. Sadly they no longer offer this service and it's a lot more stressful again having to talk to the doctors on the phone.

• I find the same with phone calls. They are really stressful and with a doctor phone call there's a lot of questions and a lot to process all at once and I think that's why we struggle more with calls like this. 

Have you expressed your struggles with this? If not I encourage you to. Doctors are obliged to help you and if they can offer an email or text service as some GP surgeries do then that will be a lot easier for you to cope with. My surgery used to offer this service and I found it really helpful at the time. Sadly they no longer offer this service and it's a lot more stressful again having to talk to the doctors on the phone.

Children
No Data