doctors phone calls

finding these really stressful and avoiding. Any kind of phone call is really getting to me and so hard to try and avoid a complete meltdown. Any advice or anyone out there finding the same with phone calls?

Parents
  • Hello Marisere,

I’m the same, I’ve never liked talking on the phone. I don’t know what it is? But I seem to get more nervous speaking on the phone, especially if there are other people around me. I feel like they’re listening to me, and I feel I sound very unassertive. I’m not as bad when people aren’t in the room, but I still don’t like it. I never thought that could be a symptom of autism, but it sounds like others don’t like the phone either.

• oh yeah I will never pick up a phone in front of other people not a chance! I keep trying to pick up on how the other person is feeling, if they're in a bad mood I automatically go to pieces and really scatty, even though it was probably nothing I did to make them in that mood. I'm definitely going to avoid ringing people on monday mornings from now on I know that much! Awful moods! 

• I agree. I try to avoid the phone as much as possible. I’m on pay as you go on my mobile, and I don’t think I’ve ever used all my minutes up. I only get 100 a month, and that’s about 96 too many Joy

Reply Children
No Data