Coping with Covid-19

I'm currently in self-isolation and I know that many of us are feeling anxious/isolated, so I thought I'd share a really useful video by Purple Ella on coping with the Covid-19 pandemic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpvdMVnfGs&t=12s

Here are some tips for activities that have been keeping me busy while I self-isolate:

• Housework (especially the jobs that I've been putting off for a while)
  • Creative writing
  • Reading
  • Watching TV shows and films
  • Playing video games
  • Playing piano
  • Adult colouring books
  • Puzzle books/activity books
  • Keeping in touch with people via social media, or over the phone
  • I'm intending to use a fitness app I have to help me with some exercise, but I haven't got around to that yet Slight smile

Also, some advice on how I'm helping myself stay healthy:

• Drinking plenty of water
  • Continuing to wear my Fitbit so that I notice when I'm not moving around often enough
  • Eating three good meals a day
  • Treating myself (e.g. to a piece of cake) when I feel like it, without going overboard on the snacks
  • Limiting the amount of time I spend on social media and news channels - whilst the Covid-19 updates are helpful, a constant stream of information (some accurate, some not) isn't always helpful for my anxiety levels.

I hope some of these tips are helpful - stay safe and take care of yourselves.

Parents
  • Any of you still needs to go to work? My workplace is not “essential “ but as businesses are told to keep going we keep going as if nothing happened, even 2 meter rule can’t be implemented because there’s not enough space. 

And I’m freaking out, I cannot focus at all, I’m constantly worried/angry/crying and everything is too stressful. I can’t adjust to the new situation at all and I want it to be over but I don’t believe carrying on as normal is the right way to do that. 

At the moment all I want is to go home, curl up in bed and stay there. I can’t carry on as normal and I don’t want to. I just want to go home and wait for this to be over, even though it might be months until situation gets better.

At the moment I’m seriously considering stop going to work. If they fire me so be it. I don’t know what to do.

• That doesn't sound right. My work is also non-essential and we've all been told to work from home; they're also sorting remote access for lots of people who didn't have it before. If you have any health conditions that put you at risk (you should've had a text or letter in that case), they have to let you self-isolate. If not, is it worth speaking to your doctor to get signed off with stress? It's not fair that they're making you work unnecessarily in the current climate.

• That doesn't sound right. My work is also non-essential and we've all been told to work from home; they're also sorting remote access for lots of people who didn't have it before. If you have any health conditions that put you at risk (you should've had a text or letter in that case), they have to let you self-isolate. If not, is it worth speaking to your doctor to get signed off with stress? It's not fair that they're making you work unnecessarily in the current climate.

Children
No Data