They say there's help out there but is there?

I have a esa appeal back two years now they contacted today but like most I can't speak on the phone, so my partner did but they wouldn't discuss anything with her and just said to let me know that there's something in the post for him.

So now I'm left with the swirling thoughts of what is it!?

I have a broken tooth that needs sorting but I'm to scared to go to the dentists and be stuck in a small room staring at the ceiling whilst people are crowding over me touching me.

But I can't get a home visit because I need a dentist to refer me.

I have a problem with my insurance company charging me for a late fee when the bank made a mistake, but again you need to talk on the phone!

I don't even drive the damn thing.

I can't get a support worker to help me out or anything because I'm capable of washing myself. 

So where's the help? 

I just feel so overwhelmed with stress

And I can't even cry! 

• Hello NA S64237

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment and understand you struggle to speak on the telephone.

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice , you can message them  on their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope you find this useful

Best wishes

Lorraine Mod

• Hi there, I'm sorry that you've been having a difficult time. I don't know if it may help, but a friend recently checked the speed at which I can follow verbal speech and we discovered it is at half speed or less (she checked this by playing a podcast on Spotify which you are able to change the speed settings of). I've now started telling some people up-front that I'm autistic and it helps if they can speak much more slowly, and it's been helping a very large amount. I'm wondering if it may be possible to email the dentist in advance to let them know, and ask for extra assistance? For the insurance company, do they have an online option to speak with an advisor via instant messenger, or perhaps would it be worth emailing them and asking for this? More companies are starting to provide instant messaging services as opposed to phone, which helps with inclusivity. If there is ever anything you'd like to discuss this forum is a great place to do so, I have been learning a lot here from everyone's experiences and advice. Wishing you all the best