Explaining coronavirus

My adult son hates any change however little to his routines and activities. I have not been able to get him to understand why he must wash his hands frequently, stop shaking hands, that shops have shortages and events and activities may be cancelled. Has anyone advice on how to explain the virus to him?

Parents
  • My adult son has autism severe he lives local to me I normally have my son visit me at my home on a Tuesday and Saturday and I visit him on Thursday and Sunday we have always done this due to Coronavirus his care home will not allow him home or me to visit 

I am finding this very hard as will my son and I can't explain to him why this is happening asked care home if I can visit and not mix with other residents as we stay in his room don't know how long I can cope as finding it hard anyone in similar circumstances or advice would be great

• My adult son has autism severe he lives local to me I normally have my son visit me at my home on a Tuesday and Saturday and I visit him on Thursday and Sunday we have always done this due to Coronavirus his care home will not allow him home or me to visit 

I am finding this very hard as will my son and I can't explain to him why this is happening asked care home if I can visit and not mix with other residents as we stay in his room don't know how long I can cope as finding it hard anyone in similar circumstances or advice would be great

Children
  • Oh I'm sorry to hear. That must be awful for you both. I've seen people have been visiting by going to the windows and talking over the phone if on the ground floor.video calling is also used at the moment. I'm not sure what else but maybe someone will have other ideas