Explaining coronavirus

My adult son hates any change however little to his routines and activities. I have not been able to get him to understand why he must wash his hands frequently, stop shaking hands, that shops have shortages and events and activities may be cancelled. Has anyone advice on how to explain the virus to him?

Parents
  • Cannot live independently.  He organises his world and makes himself feel safe by rigid structure and routine - so this is the worst sort of disruption because no one can tell him when it will end

• Hi, i know it's easy for me to say this and much harder to do it - but maybe see if you can help him to make a plan (himself) so he is in control.    I have always been wary of hygeine  because i'm terrified of contracting a vomiting bug or food poisoning. But I have read about it and decided on my own routines, some of which other people do and some which are seen as different or eccentric / borderline OCD. 

With coronavirus  the best advice has been to imagine you have got it, with no symptoms, but must avoid infecting anyone else. Maybe he will understand the concept of a "carrier" and take on the duty of not passing it on, providing he doesn't feel that someone else is controlling him. 

• Hi, i know it's easy for me to say this and much harder to do it - but maybe see if you can help him to make a plan (himself) so he is in control.    I have always been wary of hygeine  because i'm terrified of contracting a vomiting bug or food poisoning. But I have read about it and decided on my own routines, some of which other people do and some which are seen as different or eccentric / borderline OCD. 

With coronavirus  the best advice has been to imagine you have got it, with no symptoms, but must avoid infecting anyone else. Maybe he will understand the concept of a "carrier" and take on the duty of not passing it on, providing he doesn't feel that someone else is controlling him. 

Children
No Data