Medication for ad hoc anxiety

I know there are loads of posts on these forums about medication for anxiety, but the vast majority seem to focus on regular treatment i.e. daily medication, or segway into other topics. What I'm interested to learn is if anyone takes anything for ad hoc episodes, what it is you take, how quickly it works/wears off etc. please.

Most of the time I'm fine and able to control my environment, plans and activities sufficiently well so I do not experience significant daily anxiety. However, sometimes people just unexpectedly appear and/or do things that completely overload my senses or utterly rattle me, and then I'm left on edge for several hours, followed by exhaustion for several days. I don't have panic attacks—this is purely an autistic response to people. I'm seeing my GP on Friday to discuss medication and I'm wondering if there's something effective she can prescribe for ad hoc use to take the edge off the occasional NT-ND culture clash when it happens.

To be clear, I'm not interested in any daily meds, CBT, counselling or anything else. I'm assuming people who smoke would just go have a cigarette in these situations, and I want to know what the prescription equivalent is. I'm also quite stressed about finding a solution to this so not looking for any sarky comments either. :)  Thanks.

Parents
  • Unfortunately, I didn't quite understand what exactly you were looking for. The feeling of anxiety arises in stressful situations, sometimes quite unexpectedly and unexpectedly. Despite this, it can cause some damage to your nervous system or physical condition.  That is why medications or Psychotherapy Services are recommended to be taken and visited constantly to monitor the development of the condition and help balance it. By the way, breathing exercises help some patients. Many people practice it during panic attacks, as it allows you to equalize the rhythm of the heartbeat.

• Unfortunately, I didn't quite understand what exactly you were looking for. The feeling of anxiety arises in stressful situations, sometimes quite unexpectedly and unexpectedly. Despite this, it can cause some damage to your nervous system or physical condition.  That is why medications or Psychotherapy Services are recommended to be taken and visited constantly to monitor the development of the condition and help balance it. By the way, breathing exercises help some patients. Many people practice it during panic attacks, as it allows you to equalize the rhythm of the heartbeat.

Children
No Data