Everything's got worse since my diagnosis

I've been recently diagnosed with ASD after troubles with anxiety, depression and concentration.
While the diagnosis has improved the depression, I feel like my anxiety and concentration problems (sensitive to conversations and loud/lots of sounds going on around me) have become worse.

The things that are worse are that I sweat all the time I'm around people and most of the time I have a headache (even when alone), which gets worse when there are conversations happening near me.

I tried telling my parents but they seemed as if they didn't believe me at first, saying that it sounded weird.

Did anyone else have this?

Parents
  • Hiya, I have just recently been diagnosed with ASD and Auditory Processing Disorder I thought I would have felt relief but my anxiety has got worse, I have also been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder.  The way I am feeling at the moment is this desperation for someone to help me, but I haven't got anyone.

• Hopefully you found some help since you posted this. There's a lot of information on this website and many others, I've found it helpful while I've been waiting for post diagnosis sessions.the key thing is to try and stay positive, it seems like diagnosis commonly causes people to feel worse and a lot of that will be from focusing on it too much. try and distract yourself with hobbies, work or other things if you can and take care. There's some good free self referable stuff the NHS do in the UK for anxiety, mainly online guided CBT, I found that helped a lot. I hope you find the help you need!

• Hopefully you found some help since you posted this. There's a lot of information on this website and many others, I've found it helpful while I've been waiting for post diagnosis sessions.the key thing is to try and stay positive, it seems like diagnosis commonly causes people to feel worse and a lot of that will be from focusing on it too much. try and distract yourself with hobbies, work or other things if you can and take care. There's some good free self referable stuff the NHS do in the UK for anxiety, mainly online guided CBT, I found that helped a lot. I hope you find the help you need!

Children
No Data