Mirtazapine - Experiences?

I have just started taking them and feel different - the headaches in the morning (niggly and not that bad but I have a high pain threshold) amongst other things.

Anyone have any other symptoms?

Parents
  • Thanks for the replies, it helped to know some of the side effects.

After discussion with my GP, I stopped taking them and have been coping with the "cold turkey".  I went into complete recluse mode whereby I shut the whole world out.

What did it for me was the "drunk" loss of concentration when driving (either keep on them and stop driving or stop them and start a routine to migrate to another drug), headaches in the morning and the total confusion (day of the week).

• Thanks for the replies, it helped to know some of the side effects.

After discussion with my GP, I stopped taking them and have been coping with the "cold turkey".  I went into complete recluse mode whereby I shut the whole world out.

What did it for me was the "drunk" loss of concentration when driving (either keep on them and stop driving or stop them and start a routine to migrate to another drug), headaches in the morning and the total confusion (day of the week).

Children
  • You can take venlafaxine whilst also taking mirtazapine. If the mirtazapine wasn’t for you, maybe you could lessen the withdrawal effect with venlafaxine.

I was on 45mg mirtazapine and 375mg venlafaxine for 9 months. I would recommend a smaller dose though. I just take 75mg venlafaxine now, and it is about right for me at the moment.

I’m not a medical professional, so this is just from experience.