What does ‘we all know we need good MPs’ mean here?

Im glad I could help. But now you have established some career goals, focus on them. Dont think you might make them. You could still be a lecturer and A politician in one life - we all know we need good MPs. 

Is this something you would say to a friend? 

Is this a supportive thing to say?

Parents
  • Sounds like a compliment. You would probably do a better job than the politicians we have at the moment also.

• My 2 year old could do a better job than the politicians we have at the moment Slight smile 

• Hell yea, my greyhound and 2 whippets could do a better job, at least they would be a majority party.. lol

• I was looking at who voted which way recently, and it seemed like the nearest thing it gets to my MP (I'm actually disenfranchised by over 12 years of expatdom) has not been exactly towing the party line, even though he recently said he would. Having met some of his local party a bit back, I was totally gobsmacked how much at odds they were with him. The main tone of that was that he was said to need someone just to read constituent's letters to him. He was said to be a sympathetic person generally, but it was also thought that tea & sympathy was about all you would get. But I've seen that sort of behaviour in ruling parties umpteen times. The thought of sending petitionary letters to him has long since departed. It sounded like he actually deserved some sympathy, but obviously both he and his party workers weren't likely to be very open with their electorate any time soon. Never would they admit to members of the public that they might be having very similar difficulties themselves. Hardly surprising though perhaps, in these Trumpian and Johnsonian times.

• I was looking at who voted which way recently, and it seemed like the nearest thing it gets to my MP (I'm actually disenfranchised by over 12 years of expatdom) has not been exactly towing the party line, even though he recently said he would. Having met some of his local party a bit back, I was totally gobsmacked how much at odds they were with him. The main tone of that was that he was said to need someone just to read constituent's letters to him. He was said to be a sympathetic person generally, but it was also thought that tea & sympathy was about all you would get. But I've seen that sort of behaviour in ruling parties umpteen times. The thought of sending petitionary letters to him has long since departed. It sounded like he actually deserved some sympathy, but obviously both he and his party workers weren't likely to be very open with their electorate any time soon. Never would they admit to members of the public that they might be having very similar difficulties themselves. Hardly surprising though perhaps, in these Trumpian and Johnsonian times.

Children
No Data