What does ‘we all know we need good MPs’ mean here?

Im glad I could help. But now you have established some career goals, focus on them. Dont think you might make them. You could still be a lecturer and A politician in one life - we all know we need good MPs. 

Is this something you would say to a friend? 

Is this a supportive thing to say?

Parents
  • Supportive, yes. But could you perhaps reframe it to be a little more informal? It sounds a bit too paternalistic and rehearsed for some friends. But perhaps you feel some distance is necessary in this particular advisory session. (And I'm not totally anti the idea of rehearsing such words.)

We could certainly do with a few MPs who have come up thru' other careers first. The current lot are just a bit too inexperienced and fast-track in the economic sense. That said, the monetarist/libertarian approach to a political career has been taking quite a hammering recently. (So no regrets on my part.)

• Supportive, yes. But could you perhaps reframe it to be a little more informal? It sounds a bit too paternalistic and rehearsed for some friends. But perhaps you feel some distance is necessary in this particular advisory session. (And I'm not totally anti the idea of rehearsing such words.)

We could certainly do with a few MPs who have come up thru' other careers first. The current lot are just a bit too inexperienced and fast-track in the economic sense. That said, the monetarist/libertarian approach to a political career has been taking quite a hammering recently. (So no regrets on my part.)

Children
No Data