Motion sickness

I've always suffered with car sickness and the NAS website suggests that this could be due to issues with balance (it's listed as part of vestibular over-sensitivity).

However, I find that it's not just car travel that gives me motion sickness - it happens with video games too (which is really annoying because I do enjoy playing them, but I find myself feeling like I'm going to be sick after about 20 minutes!).

I'm curious - does anyone else experience motion sickness? What triggers it for you?

Parents
  • I'm lucky, motion or travel sickness is not one of my problems.  But I have seen the effect it has on people.

On my first journey by ferry across the channel from Dover to Calais, I was terrified of being sick but I was OK.  Other people who had a history of motion sickness were well prepared and almost immediately found comfortable places to lie down and didn't move the entire journey. 

• It's really strange - boats, ferries and ships all seem to be fine for me. It's mainly cars and coaches.

Reply Children
No Data