Motion sickness

I've always suffered with car sickness and the NAS website suggests that this could be due to issues with balance (it's listed as part of vestibular over-sensitivity).

However, I find that it's not just car travel that gives me motion sickness - it happens with video games too (which is really annoying because I do enjoy playing them, but I find myself feeling like I'm going to be sick after about 20 minutes!).

I'm curious - does anyone else experience motion sickness? What triggers it for you?

Parents
  • I do, but only on some modes of transport. Car yes, if I am not driving (never when I am at the wheel). Coaches, always, to the point that I can't ride in them. Buses not generally (might be as they are not usually moving fast enough), trains no and my motorbike never.

The motorbike would suggest that it's not balance related in my case as you definitely move around more on a bike than other forms of transport.

• That's really interesting - I'm the same (absolutely fine if I'm the one driving the car, no problem with buses and trains, but struggle with coaches). I've never ridden a motorbike before... I wonder if you're okay with it because you're the driver, like with the car.

• That's really interesting - I'm the same (absolutely fine if I'm the one driving the car, no problem with buses and trains, but struggle with coaches). I've never ridden a motorbike before... I wonder if you're okay with it because you're the driver, like with the car.

Children
No Data