Depression and medication

I’ve got aspergers and think I’m depressed but I’m not keen on taking tablets and was hoping if people could tell me if they are taking them and if they help at all?

I’d rather address and fix the route cause but as I believe it’s the autism that ain’t gonna happen. 

Parents
  • I take sirtraline seems to be doing the trick at the moment. I'm having a bout of depression  brought on by a situation at work, long story.... I don't have any problems with taking it though, my thinking is that if its helping, which it is, then I'll take it. I'm also a very poor sleeper and take Quetiapine 25mg most of the time this really helps.

Go and speak to your GP and they will discuss all the different avenues with you, its better to get help sooner rather than later and like Kitsun said if you need medication you can get some control over it before you really get low...

• I take sirtraline seems to be doing the trick at the moment. I'm having a bout of depression  brought on by a situation at work, long story.... I don't have any problems with taking it though, my thinking is that if its helping, which it is, then I'll take it. I'm also a very poor sleeper and take Quetiapine 25mg most of the time this really helps.

Go and speak to your GP and they will discuss all the different avenues with you, its better to get help sooner rather than later and like Kitsun said if you need medication you can get some control over it before you really get low...

Children