Depression and medication

I’ve got aspergers and think I’m depressed but I’m not keen on taking tablets and was hoping if people could tell me if they are taking them and if they help at all?

I’d rather address and fix the route cause but as I believe it’s the autism that ain’t gonna happen. 

Parents
  • I’ve taken citalopram in the past for both depression and OCD, it did help. I’m not a huge fan of taking tablets either, but sometimes it is necessary. Talking therapies do play their part but sometimes it is necessary to sort out the symptoms before you are able to resolve the cause. There also tends to be a waiting list for talking therapies so some medication might make things more bearable for you while you are waiting. Why don’t you book an appointment to see your GP and explain how you’re feeling and see what they suggest?

• I’ve taken citalopram in the past for both depression and OCD, it did help. I’m not a huge fan of taking tablets either, but sometimes it is necessary. Talking therapies do play their part but sometimes it is necessary to sort out the symptoms before you are able to resolve the cause. There also tends to be a waiting list for talking therapies so some medication might make things more bearable for you while you are waiting. Why don’t you book an appointment to see your GP and explain how you’re feeling and see what they suggest?

Children
No Data